Monday, January 24, 2011

Updates

Well, planning a wedding is complicated. I've been severely slacking now, since I still have about a year. I'm worried I am going to procrastinate on everything now that the initial OMG WE'RE GETTING MARRIED has worn off.

I have my dress choices narrowed down, I just need to lose some more weight to get a better idea of what looks best. I'm going to Chicago for a week in March to look at venues and other things.

I finally have all of my bridesmaids picked and I think I'm more excited about the bachelorette party than the wedding! In no particular order, they are:


Rachel: My best college friend and roommate. Probably the only friend I made in college that I still consider myself to be close with. She's always been there for me regardless of my poor choices and I hope we will be friends for life!

Jessie: My 2nd cousin on my dad's side. We've been friends since we were about 3. She has an awesome picture of us at Chuck E. Cheese back then. We haven't been as close as we could have been over the years, but she is truly one of my favorite people. I think now that we're older and it's easier to keep in touch over Facebook and stuff we will be much closer!

Diana: My first friend in Texas. She was really one of the only people who reached out to me when I moved here from Illinois. She's motivated me with my weight loss, got me started running and is my 5K buddy (soon to be 10k!). She's one of those people that always has something nice to say and genuinely is fun to be around.

Shannon: My best friend from middle/high school. We've been friends for 14 years (holy crap!) and she has always been a great person to be around. She moved to Texas last year too, just six hours south. Since then, she's been to visit me twice and I went down there once. I am DEFINITELY going down there this summer to show off my bikini. I only wish I could see her more often!

Nina: Tim's sister. I don't know her really well yet, but she's really funny and I think we will be good friends. She loves Dexter and dogs and zombies, so I have a feeling things will work out well.

I still don't have a maid of honor. To be honest, I don't know if I need one. All of the girls I picked are awesome and I don't have a #1 choice. Is it okay to NOT have one?

No comments:

Post a Comment